The secret of a successful owner driver is the ability to communicate at all stages, and to be flexible to adapt to changes in various situations. Here are a few tips collected from fellow users on how and what to communicate:
1. If you are an owner driver subcontracting for another courier company, remember, you are working on behalf of that company and their reputation is in your hands. Companies will expect regular updates, especially about when the goods are collected and delivered.
2. Any additional charges must be mentioned and agreed upon prior to the job being completed.
3. If you have any questions, call the person who booked the job immediately.
4. Make sure that possible language barriers do not compromise success.
5. Let members know when the goods are on board/delivered. You can keep them updated easily using the mobile app’s ‘Your Booking’ feature.
6. It is also important that if there is a problem such as a breakdown, slow traffic or any other delay, you let the person who booked the job know ASAP.
7. If you are a subcontracted owner driver, do not communicate your own business details or any issues related to the job with the customer unless advised to do so by the other member.
Stay ‘in-the-loop’ with the latest news, products and services from Courier Exchange.
Well, it appears I may have to eat a small serving of my words this week. Why am I embarrassed, you might ask? Well, if you were paying attention you'll know that last week I published a post about how I was glad owner driver jobs were becoming more popular in order to offer some healthy competition to Royal Mail. I was saying I think it's a lesson for the Post Office not to get smug and to actually update their prices.Read the full article
I hope everyone is doing well and is as excited as I am about the official countdown to Christmas. That's right, winter snuck up on us and it's apparently here to stay – at least judging by how nippy the weather has been lately. But hey, I shan't complain – after all, the cold weather brings more customers in from the cold, looking for that perennial favourite, the bacon butty!Read the full article
The first quarter of a new year is always a time to reflect on the challenges and achievements of the previous twelve months. It’s not just about giving yourself a pat on the back, though, it’s also a way of checking that you’re on track towards new goals and bigger and better challenges.Read the full article
A KNUTSFORD-based business has been recognised for their success over the past year by receiving a national industry award.
Speedy Freight, a same-day courier and express freight service provider based in the Pavillions, off Cranford Drive, scooped the ‘Network of the Year’ category at the Transport Awards 2014, organised by Transport Exchange Group, which celebrates major achievements and best practice within the freight industry.Read the full article
Talk to us! On the phone, online or in person… we’re here to help.