Earth Day comes around once a year to remind us that the environment needs our support and protection. While conducting business on the Exchange, whether moving loads from A to B or orchestrating logistics operations, there are small actions we can all take to make a big difference. We hope to encourage good habits that will last because every day should be Earth Day.
Here are top 5 tips for making greener choices while completing loads on the Exchange:
1. Grab a reusable water bottle for everyday use and remember to fill it up between load bookings. Single-use plastic bottles significantly contribute to pollution, even when recycled and contain more microplastics than tap water. What’s more, a single-use plastic bottle that ends up in a landfill site takes approximately 450 years to decompose – scary stuff!
2. Take freshly packed lunches with you on the road, reducing the environmental impact of the UK’s lunch-on-the-go habit. Studies show that around 11 billion pieces of packaging every year make their way into a landfill site. If you do happen to buy lunch, a solution could be to take your container with you instead of requesting plastic bags or sandwich wrappings. We know that sometimes waste is hard to avoid, but you can be prepared by always having a bag to store your rubbish and then correctly recycling it at the end of your day.
3. You can make simple choices on your journey like switching your engine off when idle for longer than 2 minutes. It’s a great way to save fuel and reduce the amount of poisonous exhaust gases being released into the atmosphere. Simple things like regularly servicing your car, being mindful of speed limits, getting out of the habit of unnecessary revving and harsh acceleration all contribute to greener choices.
4. Use our Return Journeys solution to eliminate dead mileage. If you’ve driven a long way to complete a load booking and are wanting to make the most of your miles back home, advertising your availability and upcoming route on our mobile app will help you receive real-time notifications matching you to backloads in the area – saving you time and optimising your fuel efficiency without ‘offloading’ extra pressure on the environment.
5. Go digital with electronic quotes, PODs and invoicing using our platform and mobile app – making your life easier and helping you reduce paper wastage.
Ultimately, Earth Day is about making conscientious choices, however small, that will lead us to a greener future.
If you’re interested in learning more about how our freight tech solutions can help your business unlock latent potential and achieve peak efficiency, book a demo today.
Stay ‘in-the-loop’ with the latest news, products and services from Courier Exchange.
Independent courier drivers play a crucial role in the logistics industry, ensuring the efficient and timely delivery of goods across the United Kingdom. However, these dedicated professionals often face numerous challenges in their day-to-day operations. In this article, we will explore the common obstacles faced by independent courier drivers and discuss how platforms like Courier...Read the full article
With our new Referral Programme, you can share the benefits of the Exchange with your friends and colleagues, and get paid for it.Read the full article
The latest update from the CX Price Index Average Exchange courier prices increased once again in November, up from 128.6 in October to 129.2. The shift is a 0.47% price increase, and it means courier prices have now been above the CX Price Index average every month since February. There are a few reasons behind...Read the full article
Talk to us! On the phone, online or in person… we’re here to help.